The Pot Book is a not-for-profit project, with all proceeds from book sales funding research into the therapeutic uses of cannabis and cannabinoid-based medicines. If you'd like to donate to the Holland Fund for Therapeutic Cannabinoid Research, please click here.
Foreword by Lester Grinspoon, M.D
Part One: An Overview of Cannabis
Introduction to Part One
1. The Subjective Effects of Cannabis by Carl L. Hart, Ph.D., and Matthew G. Kirkpatrick
2. Early/Ancient History by Chris Bennett
3. Recent History by David Malmo-Levine
4. The Botany of Cannabis by Lyle E. Craker, Ph.D., and Zoe Gardner
5. Cannabis Grow Revolution by Danny Danko
6. The Endocannabinoid System by Gregory L. Gerdeman, Ph.D., and Jason B. Schechter, Ph.D.
7. Anandamide and More by Raphael Mechoulam, Ph.D., and Lumir Hanus
8. Cannabis Laws in the United States by Allen St. Pierre
9. On Ending Prohibition by Ethan Nadelmann, J.D., Ph.D.
Part Two: Risks of Use and Harm Reduction
Introduction to Part Two
10. Medical Risks and Toxicology by William Holubek, M.D.
11. Pulmonary Harm and Vaporizers by Mitch Earleywine, Ph.D.
12. Cognitive Impairment from Chronic Use by Caroline B. Marvin and Carl L. Hart, Ph.D.
13. Mental Health Risks Associated with Cannabis Use by Cheryl Corcoran, M.D.
14. How Real Is the Risk of Addiction? by Ryan Vandrey, Ph.D. and Margaret Haney, Ph.D.
15. Driving Under the Influence by Paul Armentano
16. Arrest Statistics and Racism by Harry G. Levine, Ph.D.
17. Getting Busted Is Not So Funny: An Interview with Tommy Chong by Julie Holland, M.D.
18. The Collateral Consequences of Cannabis Convictions by Richard Glen Boire, J.D.
19. Harm Reduction Psychotherapy by Andrew Tatarsky, Ph.D.
Part Three: The Clinical Use of Cannabis
Introduction to Part Three
20. The Clinical Applications of Medical Marijuana: An Interview with Andrew Weil, M.D. by Julie Holland, M.D.
21. Medical Marijuana Research: An Interview with Donald Abrams, M.D. by Julie Holland, M.D.
22. MAPS and the Federal Obstruction of Medical Marijuana Research by Rick Doblin, Ph.D.
23. The Government's Pot Farm: An Interview with Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Ph.D. by Julie Holland, M.D.
24. Cannabinoids and Psychiatry by Julie Holland, M.D.
25. Cannabinoids and Neuroprotection by Sunil K. Aggarwal, M.D., Ph.D., and Gregory T. Carter, M.D.
26. Cannabis and HIV/AIDS by Mark A. Ware, M.D., and Lynne Belle-Isle
27. Multiple Sclerosis and Spasticity by Denis J. Petro, M.D.
28. Pain Management by Mark S. Wallace, M.D., and Ben Platt, M.D.
29. Sativex by William Notcutt, M.D.
Part Four: Cannabis Culture
Introduction to Part Four
30. What to Tell the Children by Marsha Rosenbaum, Ph.D.
31. Pot, Parenting, and Outing Myself by Neal Pollack
32. Cannabis: Stealth Goddess by Doug Rushkoff
33. Gardener's Rights, Forgetting, and Co-Evolution: An Interview with Michael Pollan by Julie Holland, M.D.
34. Cannabis, Business, and Philanthropy: An Interview with Peter Lewis by Julie Holland, M.D.
35. Thots on Pot by Jeremy Wolff
Part Five: Steps in the Right Direction
Introduction to Part Five
36. Patients Out of Time: An Interview with Al Byrne, L.CDR. (retired) and Mary Lynn Mathre, R.N., C.A.R.N. by Julie Holland, M.D.
37. Prescribing Cannabis in California by Jeffrey Hergenrather, M.D.
38. Canadian Compassion Clubs by N. Rielle Capler, M.H.A.
39. Dutch Drug Policy by Mario Lap
40. A Cost Benefit Analysis of Legalizing Marijuana by Jeffrey Miron, Ph.D.
41. The Marijuana Policy Project by Bruce Mirken
42. The ACLU and Cannabis Drug Policy, An Interview with Graham Boyd, J.D.